Qualsafe Level 2 Award in Food Safety One Day Course
This Qualsafe Level 2 award in food safety is run as a one-day course, and has the flexibility to enable training to meet specific needs in the preparation, cooking and holding of food.
Who is the course suitable for?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
What you will learn
- To take personal responsibility for following food safety procedures
- To understand the importance of personal hygiene
- To receive and store food safely
- To prepare, cook and hold food safely
- To state the legal requirements to provide safe food
- Introduction to Food Safety
- The benefits of good standards and the consequences of poor standards of Food Safety Hazards
- Recording temperatures
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Principles of safe food storage
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food premises and equipment
- The law relating to Food Hygiene
Assessment and Certification
30 multiple choice question exam paper leading to CIEH certification.
Each successful participant will receive a nationally recognised certificate of competence from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
All our Health and Safety tutors are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
1 day (7 hours including breaks)
We work with each client separately so please contact for costs.
All costs are inclusive of onsite delivery, course materials and certification.