Level 2 Award Principles of Manual Handling Course - One Day
This Manual Handling training course provides the opportunity to learn the principles of manual handling and appropriate manual handling techniques. Training course candidates are then able to put into practice the theory they have learned.
Who is the manual handling course suitable for?
This one day manual handling qualification will benefit anyone who has to carry out any manual handling activities at work.
What you will learn on the manual handling course
Manual handling course candidates will be introduced to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved, the controls that are available to help prevent injury and principles of safer handling.
Candidates will be able to understand:
- That manual handling operations can be hazardous to health
- How manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- The scope of legal requirements with regard to manual handling operations in the workplace
- The process for assessing risks from manual handling and the factors that need to be considered in a manual handling risk assessment
- The value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice
- The mechanics of movement; how to assess, plan, prepare and conduct manual handling operations
Manual handling training candidates will sit a multiple choice examination and a practical manual handling assessment. This is a Qualsafe Awards accredited course. Each successful manual handling course participant will receive a nationally recognised certificate valid for 3 years
Duration of the manual handling course
One Day (7 hours including exam)
The training programme for the Qualsafe Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice is divided into two parts:
Part 1 – Principles (am)
Part 2 – Practice (pm)
Prices for manual handling training
We work with each client separately so please contact us for manual handling training course costs.
All costs are inclusive of onsite delivery, manual handling course materials and certification.
Updated October 2023