Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Course Three Hours
This short training course provides students with the essential knowledge and understanding of what constitutes abuse, how to recognise and then report it. It also enables them to gain an understanding of what support is available to both them and also to the client.
This course is presented through a mixture of theory, group discussions, as well as scenario based work.
Who is the course suitable for?
Staff who work with vulnerable adults and therefore have a duty to ensure that their clients are protected from any abuse.
What you will learn
To be able to recognise and report abuse in line with both your organisational procedure as well as the local procedure to where you work.
- Definition of Vulnerable adult & abuse
- How to prevent abuse within the organisation
- Categories of abuse (according to local policy) – looking at definition, examples and recognition features of each one
- How to respond to the individual who has been abused
- Documentation of abuse
- The referral process (local and organisational)
- Policies and legislation
- Support available
- Scenario based activities
Assessment and Certification
Certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment of the student throughout.
This course should be refreshed every year.
Up to 12 people £350 plus VAT
All costs are fully inclusive of:
Onsite delivery, Travel, Course materials and certification.
We work with each client individually so please let us know if you have any specific requirements prior to training.