Manual Handling Principles and Practice (Awareness) Three Hours
A 3 hour Manual Handling Awareness training session designed for those who carry out manual handling activities at work and introducing people to the hazards of manual handling and the risks involved. (This course can also be done on-line through our website)
Who is the course suitable for?
Everyone who carries out manual handling tasks in the course of their work.
What you will learn
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer manual handling methods and tasks, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
- The process of manual handling
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which can cause injury
- Manual handling risk assessment and control options
- T I L E assessments
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Practical lifting of relevant objects
- Team Lifting
- Manual Handling Equipment
Assessment and Certification
Each participant will receive an attendance certificate. It is recommended that, in the absence of any injuries at work due to manual handling, this course should be refreshed every three years or where a review is required.
We work with each client separately so please contact for costs.
All costs are inclusive of onsite delivery, course materials and certification.